The last year or so hasn’t been easy for post-production teams. When the COVID-19 pandemic spiraled, production companies quickly implemented work-from-home programs to stop the spread of the virus. However, few CEOs realized the full technical challenges associated with this new work arrangement. With a lack of in-house IT support, inadequate infrastructure, and communication problems, production pipelines soon broke down.
As the VFX industry adjusts to the post-pandemic landscape, more companies will invest in managed services that take care of all their IT requirements. Here are some benefits of hiring a Managed Services Provider (MSP) for at-home VFX teams.
Optimize Security and Prevent Cyber-Crime
The work-from-home model remains a popular option for VFX teams, but it requires reliable security. That’s because production and media companies are increasingly at risk of cyber-crime, with hackers always keen to steal valuable data.
Here’s how an MSP improves security for at-home VFX teams:
- Creates a file backup for all systems, providing much-needed peace of mind
- Provides active monitoring and support from a remote location
- Updates security patches and safeguards systems from malware
- Improves compliance with film, TV, and video game studios
- Improves compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and other data governance frameworks
- Provides 24-hour support in the event of downtime
Find Equipment That Optimizes VFX Workflows
A reliable MSP has expert technical knowledge that you can use to improve IT processes. One of these professionals will recommend hardware, software, and other IT infrastructure and services that enhance productivity for your at-home team. This equipment might include:
- Home Wi-Fi routers, boosters, and other hardware upgrades that increase internet speeds.
- Hardware, server, and network upgrades that make life easier for your hard-working team of creatives.
- The latest video editing, animation, and game production software.
- LAX VFX workstations that optimize stability, comfort, and practicality for at-home staff. (GPL specializes in LAX VFX workstations that you can rent for your WFH team.
- Cloud services that improve data security and provide creative teams with access to data regardless of location.
Enhances Communication and Cohesiveness Despite Distance
Working from home can lead to all kinds of communication challenges, especially when technology fails. It’s not just video conferencing software like Zoom that causes problems. Any equipment in your tech stack can malfunction and impact production.
Working with an MSP helps you maintain company communication and cohesiveness despite the distance. With the latest proactive support and remote monitoring, you will encounter fewer technical issues when communicating with staff at scheduled times every day.
The last year has posed significant technical challenges for VFX companies worldwide. Hiring an MSP provides a solution to maintain productivity and performance as your team adjusts to the work-from-home model.
Are you looking for an MSP for your at-home VFX team? GPL Technologies gives you access to a highly experienced IT specialist and support desk so you can optimize visual effects workflows wherever your staff are in the world. Contact us to learn more about managed services and equipment rentals.